PDA

Visualizza versione completa : Golf PGA Tour Golf: FedEx St Jude Classic

clubgowi
11-06-2015, 11.36.41
PGA Tour Golf: FedEx St Jude Classic; Billy Horschel

I am keen on the chance of Billy Horschel this week, on the final day of the Valero Open at the end of March I wrote ...........

"Horshel has won three times in the last two seasons and also been top 3 three times, he is very strong in contention and was 2-1-1 in his last three starts of 2014 to win the Tour Championship and the FedEx cup, two days later he became a father for the first time , what a couple of weeks ! No wonder he has struggled early in 2015, but this is his first chance since and I have a very strong feeling he will go ultra well today and over the coming weeks. He missed the cut here last year, but was T3 in 2013 and that is typical of his style, going deep when in contention and letting things slip when not. First child is a big motivating factor and this is his first chance to win/impress since the birth."

He finished third there and had a couple of middling finishes subsequently before a T13th at The Players Championship and T11 at the Memorial in his last two starts, he was T26th and T15th respectively in those two events last year before a T6th here, so is clearly in at least as good a shape this time round and has the confidence of that big end of 2014 in the "bank" both mentally and monetary and the hunger of fatherhood urging him to achieve, which is a big motivating factor for golfers, something we have discussed many times previously. He was also 10th here in 2013 , his last eight rounds at TPC Southwind have been a very consistent 71-69-68-67-67-68-68-70 and it is tough to see him out of contention this week. He arrived here early to prepare and also spent quite a bit of time with the sponsors FedEx, some of whom he has developed a close relationship with since claiming that massive FedEx Cup prize and he would love to add this title to his CV. In an understrength field, with the US Open just around the corner and many big names swerving this and others not totally suited by Southwind, he is my confident selection.....

Billy Horschel to win outright 17.0 general quote and Top 5 finish @ 4.33-5.0 general quote.

I would be a little wary of favourite Dustin Johnson, he is a former winner, but feels his game is just a bit off and last year, none of the top 7 for driving distance and DJ is huge off the tee, finished inside the top 18, he can win of course. but odds of 6-1 seem very skinny.